Skip to main content
- To integrate the study of subject knowledge, human development, pedagogical knowledge and communication skill in student teachers.
- To promote capabilities for inculcating national values and goals as mentioned in the Constitution of India.
- To act as agents of modernization and social change.
- To promote social cohesion, international understanding and protection of human rights and rights of the child.
- To become competent and committed professionals willing to perform the identified tasks.
- To use competencies and skills needed for becoming an effective teacher in a normal setup and in an inclusive setup.
- To understand, develop and apply various evaluation procedures in education.
- To be sensitive to student teachers about emerging issues such as environment, population, gender equality, legal literacy, critical understanding of ICT, yoga education, etc.
- To inculcate rational thinking and scientific temper among the students.
- To develop critical awareness about the social realities among the students.
- To use managerial and organizational skills.
- To enrich himself/herself by actual engagement in the field.
- To enable him/her to become aware of the day to day problems in the field and develop the capacity to solve them through research.
- To develop an understanding of the interdisciplinary perspectives in education
- To develop the habit of reflective teaching among the student teachers.
- To enhance professional capacities like reading and reflecting on texts, understanding of self, understanding the use of drama and art in education, etc.